Re: [cdt-dev] Finding selected project name in Project Explorervia Java code

Yes, sorry, my own plugin class sneaked in there.  Thanks Wieant.

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             wieant@xxxxxxxxx
             (Wieant
             Nielander)                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/09/08 04:25 AM         Re: [cdt-dev] Finding selected
                                       project name in Project
                                       Explorervia     Java code
             Please respond to
             wieant@xxxxxxxxx;
             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

>> How about this?  May be a bit round-about but seems to work whether the
>> selection is a project, a leaf node (file) or container (folder in
>> between).  May not work on some of the indirect resources like include
>> files etc., however.
>>
>>       protected void sampleGetSelectedProject() {
>>             ISelectionService ss=CommonPlugin.getDefault().getWorkbench
>> ().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getSelectionService();
>>             String projExpID =
"org.eclipse.ui.navigator.ProjectExplorer";
>>             ISelection sel = ss.getSelection(projExpID);
>>             Object selectedObject=sel;
>>             if(sel instanceof IStructuredSelection) {
>>                   selectedObject=
>> ((IStructuredSelection)sel).getFirstElement();
>>             }
>>             if} (selectedObject instanceof IAdaptable) {
>>                   IResource res = (IResource) ((IAdaptable)
selectedObject)
>>                               .getAdapter(IResource.class.);
>>                   IProject project = res.getProject();
>>                   System.out.println(."Project found: "+project.getName
());
>>             }
>>       }}

> I can't find the package where the CommonPlugin class is. Any advice?

'CommonPlugin' probably referred to your own plugin activator, you
can also use the 'common' PlatformUI class:
  PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getSelectionService
();

-- Wieant