[cdt-dev] questions about OffsetLimitReachedException

Hi,

I'm trying to improve my integration with CPreprocessor and I have some
questions for you parser folks.

What causes an OffsetLimitReachedException and how should it be handled?
I'm guessing that this exception is thrown when content assist is invoked
in a difficult context. I'm not really understanding what the DOM parser is
doing to handle this exception. It appears to create a completion node and
then just quit parsing. No names are added to the completion node so it
looks like its not linked into the AST.

Whats really going on here? Can anyone give me a code example where content
assist triggers an OLRE and what the results are? There doesn't appear to
be any JUnits that directly test for OLRE being thrown at certain points.

 I need to figure out how to handle this in a bottom-up parser as the
parser can't just exit at any point. I use EOC tokens to "unwind" the parse
after a completion token is encountered, would it be appropriate to handle
an OLRE using the same approach?

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM CDT Team, Toronto