RE: [cdt-dev] CDT Build - What does "Updating Project..." actuall y do?

In light of the recent responses it seems the only thing you can do
currently is make your CM system (ClearCase) run as fast as possible.  We
are in the same boat.  Our best performance comes from locally stored
snapshot views.  This will get you as close to native filesystem
performance as possible.  Of course, with a multi-thousand file project,
there may always be a considerable delay with the project refresh (Updating
Project...).

Chad Barnes
Rockwell Collins, Inc.

             Celerse Eric
             <Eric.Celerse@fr.
             thalesgroup.com>                                           To
             Sent by:                  "'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'"
             cdt-dev-admin@ecl         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ipse.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/06/2004 03:38          RE: [cdt-dev] CDT Build - What does
             AM                        "Updating Project..." actuall
                                       y do?

             Please respond to
             cdt-dev@eclipse.o
                    rg

Hello,

We were used to develop under linux without any IDE.
We are tyring to integrate IDE to our development.
Our standard  projets are all made of more than 1000 C/C++ files.

After a buid command, we are waiting for a while with"Updating Project..."
message.
 And it's quite longer because we are working under the IBM Rational
ClerCase plugin (cms tool).

So, we are looking for a efficient way to work. It's not easy to organize
our project into several projects.
Several projects give some benefits et a lot of disadvantges
(indexer...etc...)

Have you some issues to improve the performance of the IDE ?

Eric Celerse
Thales Underwater Systems S.A.S