[cdt-dev] CDT Code assist assistance

I have been trying in vain to get the code assist to
work consistently in some files on a small imported C++ project.

At first I thought this was due to either 1) template classes,
2) classes with multiple inheritance, or both.  Simple classes
seem to work ok.  (Note: I don't particularly condone the use
of multiple inheritance, it just so happens there is an instance
of this in this particular project).

I built a small example of multiple inheritance, that works ok
(CDT even disallows code completion choices that "collide" in
the base classes, a good thing!).

Therefore the problem must be in the template classes.  Is code
completion not implemented when using template classes?

I have:
* checked the discovered INCLUDE paths
* fixed all syntax errors (reported by CDT; the project
  builds cleanly from my standard make file)
* increased the Content Assist Parsing Timeout value
* changed "Search scope for completion proposals" from
  "Search current file and included files" to
  "Search current project
* Read and re-read the CDT FAQ
* Checked the mail list archives
* searched on google