From: Vladimir Hirsl [mailto:vhirsl@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 5:06 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Persisting discovered scanner configuration

Sean,
you are absolutely right. '.cdtproject' is the file where the current
user
defined scanner configuration is stored. If it remains where it is it
will
impact the whole team if any developer  tries to customize it. On the
other hand, if is stored elsewhere then developers will not be able to
share common configuration elements. Maybe we need something like
Eclipse's Exporting/Importing preferences to share common CDT
configuration.

Vmir

> Vlad,
> There will be team implications if you save this information in the
> 'cdtproject' file. I am not sure if there is a better place for this
> information, but if it varies from user to user, then the project
> file is not the best candidate.
>
> Sean Evoy
> Rational Software - IBM Software Group
> Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
>

> Hi All,
> Now that we are in dawn of having some scanner configuration
> discovered
> (captured?) from the build output there is a question of persisting
this