Re: [cdt-dev] Fixes for 44159, 51640, 51646, and 4159 0

+1

Yes, the build tests shouldn't be in the core test plugin.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Thomas Fletcher" <thomasf@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/17/2004 01:02 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Fixes for 44159, 51640, 51646, and 4159 0

Andrew Niefer <aniefer@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> I don't see it being particularily useful if Sean can only ever commit
> half his patch because he doesn't have rights to the test package.
>
> I suggest maybe creating org.eclipse.cdt.make.tests and
> org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.tests.
>
> Or just give Sean rights to core.tests

+1

Personally I think that all committers should have access to the
tests framework.  More tests the merrier, and I trust developers
to avoid the temptation of "fix the test to match the code" where
the test is actually correct.

Thomas