[cdt-dev] Issues with unit tests for CDT 1.2.1 RC1

	Hi, all!

	I'm trying to run unit tests for CDT 1.2.1 RC1. From the CVS repository I downloaded ui.tests, core.tests, and debug.ui.tests packages including only those files that have CDT_1_2_1_RC1 tag. The problem is that of all tests two always fail (I have tried them on several OSes with Sun 1.4.2-3 for both Gtk and Motif versions of CDT). The two tests are:
*	org.eclipse.cdt.core.model.tests.BinaryTests.testGetChildren (junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Missing elements: test.c main.c test2.c)
*	org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.tests.LocationTests.testIsEquals (no description given; junit.framework.AssertionFailedError)
	Is it normal that those tests fail? Probably those are known issues that are going to be fixed in the 1.2.1 release? If each test must pass successfully what might I be missing in my CDT installation or in the tests packaging? Well, and the last question (and probably the most important for me) - do the unit tests cover the entire functionality of CDT (Does the development of the unit tests keep up with the development of CDT itself)?

	Thanks

	Sergey Tumashov, Intel Corp., Sr. Software Developer

Back to the top