[cdt-dev] Adding another builder to MakeTarget

To Standard Make Gurus,

I am working on a feature that discovers scanner info (include paths and
symbol definitions) by parsing the output of the standard make build. The
"discovery" is looking for -D and -I flags in the build output. My intent
is to use builder mechanism to consolidate discovered scanner info and
contribute it to the project's scanner configuration (modified Paths and
Symbols Tab). The "discovery" builder is supposed to run after the make
builder.
It all works fine if a standard make project is built as a result of a
full or incremental build. However, building through a Make Targets view
is a problem, since the make builder is invoked explicitly. The only
extension point I could find is a MakeTargetBuilder that allows me to
define another builder, but MakeTarget and MakeTargetManager utilize only
the make builder.

I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction
with regards to adding another builder to the MakeTarget entity.

Thanks,
Vladimir Hirsl
Software Developer
IBM Rational Software