[cdt-dev] About implementation of IScannerInfoProvider

I think that current implementation of CProjectWizard.doRun() should be
changed.

protected void doRun(IProgressMonitor monitor) throws CoreException {

createNewProject(monitor);

// Associate the project with the standard builder so the clients can get
proper information

try {

ICDescriptor desc =
CCorePlugin.getDefault().getCProjectDescription(newProject);

desc.remove(CCorePlugin.BUILD_SCANNER_INFO_UNIQ_ID);

desc.create(CCorePlugin.BUILD_SCANNER_INFO_UNIQ_ID,
StandardBuildManager.INTERFACE_IDENTITY);

} catch (CoreException e) {

// TODO Flag the error to the user

}

The explicit assignment of ISCannerInfoProvider implementation for the
standard builder replaces all the settings that were done while
createNewProject was executed. It is not good if I use ICOwner.config()
method for that (I think this is a natural place for a builder
configuration).

Back to the top