Re: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Initial Dependency Tree Patch

Bogdan has promised to publish a full design doc on this stuff any day now

JohnC the disturber
chuckling gleefully

"Thomas Fletcher" <thomasf@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/24/2003 06:13 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<cdt-patch@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Initial Dependency Tree Patch

Bogdan,

  What kind of interesting and exciting things does this patch do?  We
have
a developer
on our side (hi Alex) who has done some work in terms of implementing
generic accross
the board build dependancies (ie header file changes ... all source files
affected are marked
for re-compilation).  It was done in a manner which was agnostic to the
builder (ie it just
"touched" the file) since the builder discussions and API's were not yet
nailed down and it
also isn't as granular (ie noticing what structure got changed, then only
hitting files which
actually use that structure as opposed to a whole header file) as we would
like until the
full model/search/refactor capabilities start coming in.

  Is what you are submitting here something along the same lines, or is it
different type
of dependancy tree that you are building?

Enquiring minds (and developers!) everywhere want to know!  It also is an
area where
we can help out since we do have some functionality which works in this
area.

Thanks,
 Thomas