Re: [cdt-dev] build ui thoughts

At 08:36 PM 7/24/2003 +0100, Mike Capp wrote:

One other thing I've been wondering about is linking the default build goal, default run app and default debug app somehow - if I've just built foo.exe, it could be argued that clicking Debug should debug foo.exe, even if the last debugged app was bar.exe. Not sure about this though; it would mean tying build goals to binaries, and throwing out that layer of indirection could lose a fair amount of flexibility.

We have our own managed build code at the moment and have hit something in usability testing that seems a lot like this. If you have a current default build and run a launch that uses a build not currently the default and you have "build before launching" turned on, then you have to worry about consistency.

Thanks!
-Chris

Back to the top