RE: [cdt-dev] Docs for C++ Search

Yeah, I guess looking at it now, I don't explain it very much.

Basically, the search engine in general is about deciding if an AST node
returned in a parser callback has the same name as what was typed in the
dialog.  I didn't see that statement as being very helpful to, for
example, the QE people who need to try and test search.  The doc doesn't
really say much about what searching for references will find, because
ultimately, its up to the parser to decide what is a reference.

So the example was attempt to show what you could expect to be found for a
given piece of C++ code.  ie, given the code in the example, if you were
searching for references to a type "A", then you could expect to find
things like those marked 4, 7, 15 & 17.

-Andrew

Thomas Fletcher <ThomasF@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/11/2003 04:34 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

"'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Docs for C++ Search

Andrew,

  Thanks for the document.  I don't understand what it is that you are
trying to show with the "example" at the end of this document.  Could
you talk about that a bit?

Thanks,
  Thomas