Von: Thomas Fletcher [mailto:ThomasF@xxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Juli 2003 19:48
An: 'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Betreff: [cdt-dev] As promised, an FAQ start

Folks,

  Here is some starter text for the expanded FAQ which we were discussing
last week.
I've deliberately kept some of the replies brief since I would like to
solicit input
rather than putting down things that don't make sense to someone new to the
project.

  There is also no sensible order to it as it stands.

Thomas

----
CDT FAQ

Q: I'm missing some basic C/C++ debugging functionality, where is it hidden?

A: You have to customize your debug perspective to see all C/C++ actions. In

the Debug perspective open "Window"-->"Customize perspective"-->"Other" and
check the "C/C++ Debug" box. In the latest version it is checked by default.

To customize your views open "Window"-->"Preferences"-->"Debug"-->"Debug
Action Groups" and check/uncheck the "C/C++ Debug" and "Java Debug" boxes.

Q: I just installed Eclipse and the CDT.  However, CDT does not recognize
the
existing toolchain [ie Visual Studio, Borland, Watcom, Cygwin, MinGW, GCC,
etc]. How do I make the CDT recognize these tools?

A: The current CDT doesn't integrate with a specific toolchain, but rather
integrates with a build command, such as make, nmake, jam ant etc and this
build command drives the toolchain.  The default build command is make, but
can be configured as part of the project properties.

Q: I don't understand make and I just have some source I want to compile.
What do I have to do to get there.