Re: [cdt-dev] our newsgroup

> Captain Alain once wrote:
> > Point well taken.
> >
> > In defence, the developers, at least here, have other tasks
> > (with the usual, stress and deadlines) then the open source CDT work.
>
> I guess my point is that if many of us check the group regularily, there
> will be fewer
> unanswered questions and thus it won't be such a chore.  There are many
> usage questions
> that verification staff perhaps could answer in 5 seconds, while I would
> have to take
> 5 minutes to figure out what they are talking about.

Agreed.

> >> B) We need to maintain a FAQ and post it to the newsgroup once a month.
>

> > I thought Kleo raised his hand to do this?
>
> I think that we all should have a hand in adding things to the FAQ, given
> our experience
> in the newsgroup.  It should be checked into CVS like a ChangeLog kind of
> thing.

Agreed.
Actually I think it is, things where setup by judy .. unfortunately noone seems
to have write access except the grand pooba (sebastien) ... on vacation.

> > Sure ... I'll take a shot.
> >
> > <low punch>
> >
> > At one point, QnX developers were handling all in the CDT (newsgroups,
> mails, code, patches,
> > feedbacks etc ..).  We are quite(read __very__ 8-) happy that you guys
> are stepping in to
> > take some heat 8-).
> > It's funny to observe when the tables are turn.
> >
> > </low punch>
>
> My comments were directed at everyone, not just the original authors. :-)

8-).
Your comments were fair and appropriate.
The answer was kinda of tongue-in-cheek, but the humor did not come across quite
right via email. ... Maybe I should try in french next time 8-)

Later,

Back to the top