Re: [cdt-dev] objdump/addr2line problems

At 03:51 PM 7/2/2003 -0400, Alain Magloire wrote:
For example, Tensilica could provide its own implementation.

public class TensilicaBinaryParser implements IBinaryParser {
}

I'm not sure I totally understand the suggestion.

In 1.0.1 there is no way to change out the binutils used under ElfParser without writing branched versions of Elf.java. So in 1.0.1, the suggestion above would have us write new versions of ElfParser.java, Elf.java and Addr2Line.java at the very least.

Would this still have to be done for the TensilicaBinaryParser in the suggestion above?

For the record, just putting in our addr2line (and other binary utils) via an extension point made it all just work.

Thanks!
-Chris

Back to the top