[cdt-dev] CDT API hover help and completion

To the world at large:

We here at Le Chapeau Rouge have started a project to supply API "hover help" and completion mechanisms for CDT.

The basis for both of these is the construction of a collection of indexable databases containing the necessary information. What's at least a first pass at creating one such db has already been done by writing a custom parser that extracts info from the GNU glibc manual .texi sources. As time goes on, we plan to add dbs for libs like X, GTK, and whatever else looks useful.

Our next step will be to tinker the CDT plugin to make use of the dbs, using the mechanisms already in place for JDT.

Any input -- suggestions, wish-lists, whatever -- is welcome.

Chris Moller
Tinker at Large
Red Hat, Inc.

Back to the top