[cdt-dev] Our Newsgroup

OK John,
I agree in principle that we should support users on the newsgroup as a gesture of goodwill and in the spirit of Eclipse. I stopped fairly early on because there is a distressing amount of overlap in the questions we get. There is a limited value in telling the nth person that Eclipse does not have a compiler, that they need a makefile, and that their environment is not set-up properly so that's why they can't build. Further, we post development plans covering the features we intend to roll out, so answering another of the "will this compiler/library/build system/make variant" work with Eclipse gets old fast.

I would, however, be willing to dive back in to the newsgroup if we produced a FAQ that covered off this kind of background noise and allowed us to concentrate on questions of real value.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to the top