Re: [cdt-dev] FW: New CDT component - Some testing issues..

Hey all,
Related to this, at QNX I have recently gone through the process of Featureizing our test plugins, and ran into an issue we may want to look into when we move the core tests over to this new plugin. Currently most of the resources for the tests are within the source trees in .resource directories. When you build the test plugins as part of a feature, these all get sucked into the .jar, and are no longer available in the directory trees where the tests expect them when installing the .zip, which makes the tests fail out.

This is fixable by moving the resources out of the source tree's and creating a root resources directory in the plugin, and then creating the appropriate sub directories under that for the various packages resources, and having the tests look there. We can then add the resources directory to the build.properties and a feature build would pick that up automatically. This would be a first step to being able to build a testing feature that we could post along with the automated testing results like they do over on the Java side of the world.
Is this something we want to do during the move?

And on the side of automated testing results.. I have committed some framework stuff in cdt-test-home under the testscripts directory which will run the CDT tests from the command line and then process all the results into reports similar to the jdt tests. There is a readme in there that describes how to use them as well.

I think later today or tomorrow I am going to put together a couple of my thoughts on the Junit testing side of things and drop them onto this list to see what people think, and see if we are all looking in the same direction.

Thanks,
 -Peter

Sebastien Marineau wrote:
John, Doug,

the org.eclipse.cdt.core.tests plugin has been created. Let me know
if you run into any issues.

Cheers,

Sebastien

Back to the top