RE: [cdt-dev] CppUnit integration

-----Original Message-----
From: Lescuyer, Martin [mailto:mlescuyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 9:02 AM
To: 'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [cdt-dev] CppUnit integration

<snip>

From this, the CDT works the same without this plugin. But making a parallel
with the JDT, my thought is that it can be part of the CDT.

Then the question is "Does the CppUnit framework itself should be part of
the CDT or not".

** JNG:: I agree that the plugin should be part of the CDT. Ideally we
should eventually have the framework as part of the Eclipse platform, as is
the junit framework.

Until that happens it should live in the CDT, in order to simplify the user
experience.
From what I understand of the organization of this plugin, I would agree
that the fragment approach would be the way to deliver the platform specific
bits.

** JNG:: end

We could say no, (the user would then have to specify the location of the
CppUnit includes and libs), or we could say that the CppUnit libs and
includes would be delivered in a platform fragment
(org.eclipse.cdt.cppunit.[linux,solaris,win32]) which must exists whatever
we choose because it contains a specific TestRunner (written in C++ and
linked with the test program the Java equivalent is
org.eclipse.jdt.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.java).

** JNG::  As for platforms supported ... what about QNX? I would have to say
that anything that we ship as part of the CDT must at least support the
platforms that the CDT officially supports. (Linux + motif, Linux + gtk,
Win32, Solaris + motif, QNX + Photon)
** JNG:: end

In addition, from what I saw, the CppUnit 1.8.0 is not available for Cygwin,
(for Windows, Microsoft), but I've compiled the sources with not too much
problems.

** JNG:: Excellent work!

Back to the top