From: Edward Burns via jakartaee-spec-project-leads <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 8:14 PM
Subject: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] ACTION: EE 11 Milestone 1: component spec M1 release by 2023-11-28
To: jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Edward Burns <Edward.Burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings programs,

First: don't panic.

You will probably see this same message in several ways. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience, but it's justified because it's important.

This message is your notice that the EE 11 platform project expects you, as a component spec project, to produce your first milestone release for EE11 by 23:59 EST on 2023-11-28.

Requirements

We want to keep the bar low for EE 11 M1. We realize we are all trying to get our milestone release producing engines started. M1 does not require a TCK or an implementation, though it would be better if you had those. We will require those for M2. Here's what you need to hit M1.

  • API jar released to maven central
    • groupId: same as EE 10
    • artifactId: Same as EE 10
    • version: whatever your version number is for EE11 followed by "M1" For example for Jakarta Faces it would be 5.0.0-M1.
  • Spec document
  • Javadocs
  • XML schemas (if the spec has XML schemas)

Please respond to this email to let us know you are on-board with this plan.

Thanks,

Ed