Re: [cdi-dev] Extend lookup by method types and annotations?

Hi,

It's directly related indeed. The result of the lookup should be fed into that API, or, maybe, an extra getMethod() could be introduced:

CDI.current()
      .select(ViewAction.Literal.INSTANCE)
      .methods()
      .select(String.class, FacesViewId.Literal.of("/index")
      .getMethod(); // returns Method, or Provider<X>, or ...

vs

CDI.current()
      .select(ViewAction.Literal.INSTANCE)
      .methods()
      .select(String.class, FacesViewId.Literal.of("/index")
      .get(); // returns bean containing the method

Kind regards,
Arjan