Re: [cdi-dev] CDI profiles (was RE: About parsing beans.xml files in Lite)

On 26. 01. 21 23:13, Emily Jiang wrote:
By the way, I am not a big fan of profiles. Profile is an overloaded world already. Jakarta EE itself has the concept of Web Profile, Full Profile, etc. Now, in CDI, we are trying to define many profiles. This would cause a lot of confusion.

I don't think it's a new thing. CDI already has SE and EE "modes" or "profiles".

I am with Mark on the points of - CDI Lite needs to be the subset of CDI if we call it CDI Lite; We should not change the defined behaviour (I am against the idea of ignoring the content of beans.xml and scan jars regardless of the bean-discovery-mode setting).

I guess we could just ignore beans.xml completely and mandate CDI implementations to provide (in their native way) some means of configuring which artifacts should be scanned.

LT

Thanks
Emily