[cdi-dev] Regarding annotations

Hi team,

I have recently migrated to Helidon from classic EE application. One problem I faced there was that the CDI stopped working. After getting some help, I was suggested to replace @Singleton with @ApplicationScoped. Once that's done things started working.

I was discussing the same with Reza Rehman a day back after seeing his news letter on Jakarta EE 10. He suggests not to use Singleton unless it's absolutely necessary.

Here is my concern:
If we have more than one option for doing same thing and other than one option everything else comes with 'use it if it's absolutely necessary' tag, then why don't we just remove those extra things and keep the one which is best to use. If we can remove in one shot, let's deprecate them.

Can we ?

Regards,
AbhideepĀ

Back to the top