Re: [cdi-dev] CDI Lite compatible extension lead

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 4:05 PM Graeme Rocher <graeme.rocher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to emphasize as well that build time initialization is not just about native image. AOT is clearly an important target but there are significant benefits to Java, Hotspot and regular JIT based applications in being able to precompute framework infrastructure. The fact that frameworks like Micronaut and Quarkus compute this infrastructure at build time results in massive improvements to startup time and memory consumption, that are not achievable with a runtime scanning approach in particular as an application grows in size.

Which is funny in a way, as that was how early versions of EJB worked ;) Then at some point we decided we all disliked this, and switched to the runtime scanning approach. Seems Andy Tanenbaum is once again right ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top