Re: [cargotracker-dev] design related question

I got it ,it was not clear  the two origins are actually two different things, many thanks Reza for this clarification.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 10:23 PM reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There is also another case I forgot to mention: the cargo route can be re-specified, even if the effective origin remains the same mid-trip. In essence, the origin of the cargo and the origin of a given route specification assiged to the cargo are actually two different things.

Reza Rahman

-------- Original message --------
From: reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1/8/21 4:13 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: cargotracker developer discussions <cargotracker-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cargotracker-dev] design related question

Hi there,

The reason is that what is specified in the route and what actually happens during transport can vary. For example, the customer could have specified the route as NYC but actually drop off the cargo somewhere else but have the shipping company handle it anyway. The same can actually happen with the destination.

Reza Rahman