Re: [buckminster-dev] buckminster 4.3 create.eclipse.jnlp.product

Hi Dieter,

On 2013-09-18 09:36, Cailliau, Dieter wrote:

Is there any chance that create.eclipse.jnlp.product is getting fixed in 4.x, or did you just kind of drop support for
that feature? Note that it has been broken since 3.6, but i have created some ant scripts to patch it in 3.x, but these
are not helping in 4.x.

Some questions:

- is buckminster to be considered as "only maintenance", because effort is going into b3?

Buckminster is not going into b3. The b3 build system (not to be confused with the b3 aggregator) has been put on hold. We ran out of resources to continue on that path.

- i keep on finding links to buckybook 0.2 - 0.8: did you ever releast 1.0: why not?

I believe that an updated documentation is in the making. Lorenzo Bettini has done a lot of work on it but I don't know what the status is for that right now.

- is b3 the successor of buckminster, is it ready, should i migrate? ("kepler is built with b3")

Kepler is built with the b3 aggregator which is a completely different thing (it aggregates p2 repositories, and that's about it).

Thanks, buckminster is awesome and i'ld love to stick to it.

Good to hear. I think the best way for you to improve the JNLP support in buckminster is to take active part in it. Submitting patches is a good start.

- thomas

This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer

Back to the top