[buckminster-dev] Re: Improving the Maven support by using the Maven libraries

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As discussed with Thomas and Henrik at EclipseCON we are willing to move
>> the code we have to integrate Maven in Eclipse from Kepler into
>> Buckminster.
>>
>> That would help Buckminster by leveraging the Maven libs for parsing
>> poms and also for dependency resolution (related bugs #165198 and
>> #174975)
>>
> Indeed. Your contributions are very welcome. We really look forward to
> be able to use real maven libraries and replace our own, somewhat
> limited, repository reader.
>
>> We'll be renaming packages and adding the license info and then we'll
>> post the code in an issue.
>>
> One thing that I'd like to ask of you is if you could provide a complete
> list of all jars that will be required (the full transitive closure).
> Exact versions would help and of course their respective licenses. I
> need this in order to get Maven ip-zilla approved so that we can embed
> and redistribute the libraries from eclipse.org. The sooner that process
> can start, the better.

See list attached, we'll be working on releasing all the snapshot
dependencies in the following weeks

>> One thing I wasn't able to do yet is enabling Buckminster in a
>> previously existing Maven2 project (with the pom.xml file) so any hints
>> are appreciated
>>
> Up to when we met at EclipseCon, the maven integration in Buckminster
> was all about reading pre-compiled artifacts from maven repositories.
> The integration provided a very limited recognition of a maven source
> project. It was easy to implement and as I showed you during that 30 sec
> demo in the power-up lounge, it's now functional. At this time its only
> in our SVN. I will upload a new version to our update site tomorrow.

that explains it ;)

> Once you've made the upgrade to that version Buckminster will recognize
> a pom.xml (or project.xml) file in the component root. You might want to
> add the Buckminster classpath container to your .classpath. The entry
> should look like this:
>
> <classpathentry kind="con"
> path="org.eclipse.buckminster.jdt.requiredComponents"/>
>
> You can try it out right now if you're running an Eclipse self-hosted
> set-up from our latest source.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Title: Maven - Project Dependencies

Project Dependencies

compile

The following is a list of compile dependencies for this project. These dependencies are required to compile and run the application:

GroupIdArtifactIdVersionClassifierTypeOptional
classworldsclassworlds1.1-alpha-2-jar
com.jcraftjsch0.1.27-jar
commons-clicommons-cli1.0-jar
commons-langcommons-lang2.1-jar
jdomjdom1.0-jar
jtidyjtidy4aug2000r7-dev-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-artifact2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-artifact-manager2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-build-context2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-core2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-embedder2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-error-diagnostics2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-model2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-monitor2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-plugin-api2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-plugin-descriptor2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-plugin-parameter-documenter2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-plugin-registry2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-profile2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-project2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-repository-metadata2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-settings2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.mavenmaven-tools2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.doxiadoxia-sink-api1.0-alpha-9-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.itscore-integration-tests1.0-20070119.021432-1teststest-jar
org.apache.maven.reportingmaven-reporting-api2.1-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.sharedmaven-verifier1.0-jar
org.apache.maven.wagonwagon-file1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.wagonwagon-http-lightweight1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.wagonwagon-http-shared1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.wagonwagon-manager1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.wagonwagon-provider-api1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.wagonwagon-ssh1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.wagonwagon-ssh-common1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.apache.maven.wagonwagon-ssh-external1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT-jar
org.codehaus.plexusplexus-classworlds1.2-alpha-7-jar
org.codehaus.plexusplexus-component-api1.0-alpha-16-jar
org.codehaus.plexusplexus-container-default1.0-alpha-16-jar
org.codehaus.plexusplexus-interactivity-api1.0-alpha-4-jar
org.codehaus.plexusplexus-utils1.4.1-SNAPSHOT-jar

test

The following is a list of test dependencies for this project. These dependencies are only required to compile and run unit tests for the application:

GroupIdArtifactIdVersionClassifierTypeOptional
junitjunit3.8.1-jar

Project Transitive Dependencies

The following is a list of transitive dependencies for this project. Transitive dependencies are the dependencies of the project dependencies.

[...]

Project Dependency Graph

Dependency Tree

Dependency Listings

Maven

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Unnamed - junit:junit:jar:3.8.1

Project License: No project license is defined for this project.

Maven Embedder

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-embedder

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Core

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-core

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Build Context

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-build-context

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Local Settings Model

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-settings

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Plugin Parameter Documenter API

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-plugin-parameter-documenter

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Reporting API

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-reporting/maven-reporting-api

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Doxia Sink API

Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information.

http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-sink-api

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Profile Model

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-profile

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Model

Maven Model

http://maven.apache.org/maven-model

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Artifact

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-artifact

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Repository Metadata Model

Maven Plugin Mapping

http://maven.apache.org/maven-repository-metadata

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Error Diagnostics

Provides a manager component which will process a given Throwable instance through a set of diagnostic sub-components, and return a String message with user-friendly information about the error and possibly how to fix it.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-error-diagnostics

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Project Builder

This library is used to not only read Maven project object model files, but to assemble inheritence and to retrieve remote models as required.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-project

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Plugin Registry Model

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-plugin-registry

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

CLI

Commons CLI provides a simple API for working with the command line arguments and options.

Project License: No project license is defined for this project.

Maven Plugin API

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-plugin-api

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Plugin Descriptor Model

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-plugin-descriptor

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Plexus Default Interactivity Handler

Project License: No project license is defined for this project.

classworlds

http://classworlds.codehaus.org/

Project License: No project license is defined for this project.

Maven Artifact Manager

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-artifact-manager

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Wagon Manager

Manager tools to best utilize wagon.

http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-manager

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Wagon API

Maven Wagon API that defines the contract between different Wagon implementations

http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-provider-api

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Wagon File Provider

Wagon that gets and puts artifacts using file system protocol

http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-providers/wagon-file

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Wagon Lightweight HTTP Provider

Wagon that gets and puts artifacts through http using standard Java library

http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-providers/wagon-http-lightweight

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Wagon HTTP Shared Library

Shared Library for the wagon-http, and wagon-http-lightweight wagon providers.

http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-providers/wagon-http-shared

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

JTidy

JTidy is a Java port of HTML Tidy, a HTML syntax checker and pretty printer. Like its non-Java cousin, JTidy can be used as a tool for cleaning up malformed and faulty HTML. In addition, JTidy provides a DOM parser for real-world HTML.

http://jtidy.sourceforge.net

Project License: Java HTML Tidy License

Maven Wagon SSH Provider

Tools to manage artifacts and deployment

http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-providers/wagon-ssh

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

JSch

JSch is a pure Java implementation of SSH2

http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/

Project License: BSD

Maven Wagon SSH Common Library

Tools to manage artifacts and deployment

http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-providers/wagon-ssh-common

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Wagon SSH External Provider

Wagon that gets and puts artifacts using SSH protocol with a preinstalled SSH client

http://maven.apache.org/wagon/wagon-providers/wagon-ssh-external

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Monitor

Maven is a project development management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model: builds, dependency management, documentation creation, site publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the declarative file. Maven can be extended by plugins to utilise a number of other development tools for reporting or the build process.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-monitor

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Plexus Common Utilities

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Plexus Classworlds

Project License: No project license is defined for this project.

Default Plexus Container

Project License: No project license is defined for this project.

Plexus Component API

Project License: No project license is defined for this project.

Maven Tools

Tools for creating artifact repositories and settings.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-tools

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Lang

Commons.Lang, a package of Java utility classes for the classes that are in java.lang's hierarchy, or are considered to be so standard as to justify existence in java.lang.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}/

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Unnamed - jdom:jdom:jar:1.0

Project License: No project license is defined for this project.

Maven Integration Tests

Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information.

http://maven.apache.org/core-integration-tests

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Maven Verifier Component

Maven shared components

http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-verifier

Project License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Licenses

Java HTML Tidy License: JTidy

BSD: JSch

Unknown: CLI, Default Plexus Container, Plexus Classworlds, Plexus Component API, Plexus Default Interactivity Handler, Unnamed - jdom:jdom:jar:1.0, Unnamed - junit:junit:jar:3.8.1, classworlds

The Apache Software License, Version 2.0: Doxia Sink API, Lang, Maven, Maven Artifact, Maven Artifact Manager, Maven Build Context, Maven Core, Maven Embedder, Maven Error Diagnostics, Maven Integration Tests, Maven Local Settings Model, Maven Model, Maven Monitor, Maven Plugin API, Maven Plugin Descriptor Model, Maven Plugin Parameter Documenter API, Maven Plugin Registry Model, Maven Profile Model, Maven Project Builder, Maven Reporting API, Maven Repository Metadata Model, Maven Tools, Maven Verifier Component, Maven Wagon API, Maven Wagon File Provider, Maven Wagon HTTP Shared Library, Maven Wagon Lightweight HTTP Provider, Maven Wagon Manager, Maven Wagon SSH Common Library, Maven Wagon SSH External Provider, Maven Wagon SSH Provider, Plexus Common Utilities

Dependency File Details

FilenameSizeEntriesClassesPackagesJDK RevDebugSealed
classworlds-1.1-alpha-2.jar37,516322231.1debug-
jsch-0.1.27.jar122,011979431.2release-
commons-cli-1.0.jar30,117272011.1debug-
commons-lang-2.1.jar207,72312511081.1debug-
jdom-1.0.jar153,253877581.1debug-
jtidy-4aug2000r7-dev.jar137,83512911931.1release-
junit-3.8.1.jar121,07011910061.1debug-
maven-artifact-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar80,44110275151.1debug-
maven-artifact-manager-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar51,121462671.1debug-
maven-build-context-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar8,63120711.1debug-
maven-core-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar138,77110971121.1debug-
maven-embedder-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar27,879331741.1debug-
maven-error-diagnostics-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar8,77820611.1debug-
maven-model-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar106,100624831.1debug-
maven-monitor-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar5,88617511.1debug-
maven-plugin-api-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar8,42921921.1debug-
maven-plugin-descriptor-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar34,410301531.1debug-
maven-plugin-parameter-documenter-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar16,91118421.1debug-
maven-plugin-registry-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar24,517261021.1debug-
maven-profile-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar38,910341831.1debug-
maven-project-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar143,48410175141.1debug-
maven-repository-metadata-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar20,97821621.1debug-
maven-settings-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar58,987452851.1debug-
maven-tools-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar8,44715311.1debug-
doxia-sink-api-1.0-alpha-9-SNAPSHOT.jar5,06420421.1debug-
core-integration-tests-1.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar1,590,799------
maven-reporting-api-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar5,49217511.1debug-
maven-verifier-1.0.jar71,339432941.1debug-
wagon-file-1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.jar5,62816111.4debug-
wagon-http-lightweight-1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.jar8,78518311.4debug-
wagon-http-shared-1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.jar5,18615211.4debug-
wagon-manager-1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.jar24,618281221.4debug-
wagon-provider-api-1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.jar43,733553781.4debug-
wagon-ssh-1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.jar19,92925821.4debug-
wagon-ssh-common-1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.jar20,429351831.4debug-
wagon-ssh-external-1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.jar8,71318211.4debug-
plexus-classworlds-1.2-alpha-5.jar42,171483351.1debug-
plexus-component-api-1.0-alpha-16.jar33,1496542101.1debug-
plexus-container-default-1.0-alpha-16.jar210,679212169301.1debug-
plexus-interactivity-api-1.0-alpha-4.jar13,407251111.1debug-
plexus-utils-1.4.1-SNAPSHOT.jar191,4091088291.3debug-
41 total dependencies3,892,7352,0841,4211911.4380

Back to the top