[birt-dev] How to handle reporting of a security bug?

I am a security researcher with Security PS. I have found a vulnerability in the Birt software package and would like to report it. I did find this post detailing the presence of a special security check box on the bug report submission form. I however did not see it when I went to fill in the bug report form. I am wondering if that check box only appears for committers?
My main question is what is the best way to disclose a security vulnerability to this project? As I want to do so in the most responsible way possible.

--
Jeff Beard-Shouse | Security Consultant | Security PS
[office - 913.888.2111 x6147  | mobile - 785-813-1337 | fax - 913.888.2120]

Back to the top