[birt-dev] Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, January 23, 2006

Title: Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, January 23, 2006

Meeting
BIRT PMC, 10am Pacific, Monday, January 23, 2006
Apologies for delay in distributing minutes.
Attendees
Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (
www.actuate.com)
Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions (
www.innoventsolutions.com)
Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (
www.actuate.com)
Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation (
www.ibm.com)
Minutes
BIRT 2.0 Update
Final Release Candidate is available on www.eclipse.org/birt. The BIRT 2.0 New and Notable document is also now available: http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/project/notable2.0.php.

BIRT 2.0 and Update Manager
We plan to make BIRT 2.0 available via the Update Manager.
BIRT 2.1 Planning
We have started the planning for BIRT 2.1.
The main theme for this release will be integration with the Callisto Simultaneous release and this will drive a number of integration/code infrastructure projects.

Additional themes we are considering are to improve the ease-of-use when integrating BIRT into other applications (specifically the viewer) and improving the installation experience when downloading from eclipse.org.

Callisto Simultaneous Release
BIRT 2.1 will be part of the integrated Callisto Milestone build on March 3rd.
This BIRT 2.1 build will be using the latest and greatest builds from the various other projects (Platform, EMF, GEF).
IC4UJ Integration
The internationalization library, IC4UJ, is going to be used by a number of Eclipse projects as part of the Callisto simultaneous release. For BIRT 2.1, we plan on using this library. We will use the same version that the platform team are using.

BIRT Web Site Updates
The web site is being moved to the "Phoenix" infrastructure for the new Eclipse look and feel.
Updates are underway that will add new examples and update existing content for BIRT 2.0.
Competition at EclispeCon
EclipseCon is approaching and we have 3 presentations lined up -- a Tutorial, and two Talks (Introductory and Advanced).

We will also announce a competition for the "coolest" BIRT reports, with a prize TBD.

Back to the top