[automotive-pmc] Fwd: [tractusx-dev] Committer Election for Lucas Capellino on Eclipse Tractus-X has started

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [tractusx-dev] Committer Election for Lucas Capellino on Eclipse Tractus-X has started
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 13:58:02 +0200
From: Paul Latzelsperger via tractusx-dev <tractusx-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tractusx developer discussions <tractusx-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Paul Latzelsperger <paul.latzelsperger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey all,

Sorry for the spam, the voting page doesn't do formatting properly, so let me elaborate on my -1 a bit:

Lacking personal experience with Lucas I can only go by what was presented in the nomination. To me most PRs are of somewhat reasonable size (except one or two that seem a bit unfocused), but I obviously did not look at the PRs in terms of code quality. I did however notice that most PRs don't have a ton of test code which makes me question the &quot;high software quality standards&quot; statement. I am a stickler for tests, so that just might be me.

There are other issues I see, specifically:
  • many PRs have no description or reviews on them
  • some PRs seem to have been created by someone else, but are still listed. not sure how they are relevant.
  • PRs don't have any labels, linked issues or other metadata on them, which (to me) would demonstrate proper OSS procedures.
  • many PRs have merge commits and commits from other contributors on them. To me that indicates poor PR hygiene and focus.
  • I don't know what &quot;reviews and harmonization&quot; means, because this bullet point only links the repos, so I'm having a hard time  understanding the contributions there.
Overall I see considerable room for improvement in terms of OSS procedures and transparency, and I am very sorry to say that as things stand I cannot +1 this for the reasons stated above.

Best,
Paul