[automotive-pmc] Project Lead election for Sebastian Schildt on Eclipse Kuksa

A project lead election for Sebastian Schildt on project Eclipse Kuksa
(automotive.kuksa) was started by Johannes Kristan with this criteria:

Hi,

Today I am happy to propose a long overdue action we as a community should
take: electing Sebastian as one of our Project Leads. The reasons I suppose
are likely clear for most of you but I am more than happy to reiterate also
as an appraisal of his long lasting commitment and service he brought to the
project.

Sebastian has been with the KUKSA Project as a Contributor and soon Committer
since the beginning by contributing on a conceptual as well as on the
implementation level to our in vehicle platform [1-4], further he developed
the initial concepts to our Kuksa vehicle abstraction layer (Kuksa.val) with
more the 100 high quality merged PRs [5]. Apart from concept and
implementation work he is steering the Kuksa project direction by running our
weekly call, presenting the project on conferences and consortia meetings [eg
6-8] and actively participating in relevant adjacent communities such as
COVESA to further shape for example the implemented VSS standard. As he is
also active in COVESA standardization he is promoting Eclipse KUKSA and
Eclipse SDV projects in general in that community. apart from this he is also
still quite active in the day-to-day acitvities (PRs, Issues, Reviews) of the
software project [9].
It is my pleasure to nominate Sebastian as a Project Lead on Eclipse Kuksa.
If you have any further questions I am more than happy to answer.

Kind regards,
Johannes

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/kuksa.invehicle/pull/2
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/kuksa.invehicle/pull/68
[3] https://github.com/eclipse/kuksa.invehicle/pull/84
[4] https://github.com/eclipse/kuksa.invehicle/pull/130
[5]
https://github.com/eclipse/kuksa.val/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3ASebastianSchildt+sort%3Acreated-asc
[6] https://archive.fosdem.org/2023/schedule/event/kuksa/ /
[7]
https://wiki.covesa.global/download/attachments/78840403/VSS-in-vehicle-KUKSA-State.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1697552147551&api=v2
/
[8]
https://wiki.covesa.global/download/attachments/64979378/In-Vehicle-Deployment.pptx?version=1&modificationDate=1683230864896&api=v2
[9] https://github.com/eclipse/kuksa.val/graphs/contributors

Eclipse Kuksa project committers can click the election link below to vote.

Election:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/automotive.kuksa/elections/election-sebastian-schildt-project-lead-eclipse-kuksa

Project: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/automotive.kuksa

Back to the top