[automotive-pmc] Welcome to the Eclipse Automotive Top Level Project

Greetings Eclipse Automotive PMC.

As discussed on our call today, I'll update the list of PMC members on the Who's Involved page. My apologies for the oversight.

Also as discussed, the various charts and member logos on that page are an aggregation of the data from all of the various subprojects. The subprojects themselves are all listed on the right side of the page under "Related Projects".

Note that this list is open for everybody to join. Over time, as project teams operating under the TLP engage in reviews that require your input and approval, the list of members will grow.

Here is a list of useful information and links:

I've started some formal documentation to describe how a PMC operates for inclusion in the handbook. My apologies, but it is still very much a work-in-progress.

Project Checklist. This of requirements and best practices that we provide for projects. The EMO generally takes care of this list during reviews, but depends on the PMC to inform us if they are aware of any issues that may not be obvious to us.

You can request a project website for the TLP via Bugzilla. There's help in the handbook. As I mentioned on our call today, in order to edit a website, one needs to be a committer and the notion of committer is a little strange on a TLP that otherwise has no open source project content. The short version is that I'll make the PMC members committers.

Note that we now support the creation of websites using Jenkins/Hugo if you're interested in that technology. You can, of course, just push HTML content to the website Git repository after it's created as well.

When projects create CQs, you will be notified via this list. The PMC's role in the CQ process is to determine whether or not the request "makes sense". The EMO IP Team will take care of things like making sure that license headers are properly applied and determining if licenses are compatible. What we need from the PMC, who is closer to the technology and project teams than the EMO, is their insight regarding things that we might miss. The PMC might know, for example, that content comes from a source that's different from what's expressed. The PMC might also opt to use approval requests as an opportunity to suggest alternatives, or pose otherwise related questions regarding content. The level of investment in this process does vary by PMC depending on goals. In the event that notifications are missed, PMC members can get a list of CQs awaiting their attention via IPZilla query.

PMC members can get a list of other things that need their attention via the Notifications page which is accessible under the "Welcome" menu; this includes pending reviews and ongoing elections.

image.png

The EMO monitors all PMC lists. You can ask for our input directly on the list. Be advised, however, that we do monitor a lot of lists and sometimes miss things. If we don't answer, ask again, or send a note directly to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx.

HTH,

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top