[aspectj-users] Really struggling with an Eclipse AJDT build

Hi,

See this thread for all the gory details - https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/757301/. Been thrown in the deep end with this.

At this point a few questions answered might  get me out of trouble trying to moved from the deprecated AJDT Eclipse 3.5 build method to use the ADT compiler for my headless build.

1. Since it uses the product file to build using the org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main class to do the build does that mean, since it is insisted the build.properties file contains compilerArg=org.eclipse.ajdt.core.ant.AJDT_AjcCompilerAdapter
sourceFileExtensions=*.java, *.aj it means all my 15 or so dependent products are built with this compiler, is that correct?

2. So if that is true then all the dependent plugins will somehow need to include the aspectj runtime, core and weaving plugins for the build, but not for the runtime? Since there is only one dependent plugin that actually uses aspectj this seems really clumsy.

Is there any documentation on how to do this? This - https://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_for_AJDT#How_do_I_use_Ant_to_build_my_AspectJ_projects_in_AJDT.3F seems woefully inadequate given the complexity of this build setup.

Thanks,

David

Back to the top