Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ Performance toward the pointcut definition

There is no extra runtime performance impact for choosing the pointcut with wildcards in.  The difference will be in the compile/weaving time as it will be comparing more possible candidates against the wildcarded pointcut.

If you were using a pointcut where we could not statically (at compile time) work out if it was an exact match, we would insert a runtime test to confirm whatever we couldn't statically determine. For example: execution(* foo(..)) && target(Foo). If Foo were an interface we might be inserting 'instanceof' checks into the bytecode.

Andy