Re: [aspectj-users] Type expression matching annotation values: String matching, numeric ranges, etc?

Spring 4 is still going ahead with its Java8 plans (I think the next milestone of spring will have some early java8 stuff in it), you will just need to use early access versions of Java8 to take advantage of it. For the AOP part of Spring we need a capable AspectJ.  Although the final ship date of AspectJ 1.8 could be delayed because of this delay in JDK8, I at least need to put out a milestone that will tolerate weaving into Java8 code in roughly the september timeframe.  The normal pattern is that the first milestone can weave it but not compile Java8 source, the next milestone can also do the compilation too, then later the full release comes out.

The changes in bytecode format like that found in JSR308 (Type annotations) mean there is a bunch of work to do to weave the bytecode and not accidentally damage it (never mind take advantage of the encoded information).

cheers,
Andy

On 26 April 2013 18:45, Matthew Adams <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andy Clement wrote
> Most cycles are going to get consumed on
> supporting Java 8 for the next little while.

[Stirring the pot here]

Does JDK 8's delay (see
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8-dev/2013-April/002336.html) free
up time and/or resources to implement this stuff?

-matthew