Re: [aspectj-users] useage of -Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration

Hi,

That option is for specifying the location of the config file
(typically aop.xml) when you don't have it in one of the expected
places.  A typical aop.xml file looking like this:

<aspectj>
<aspects>
<aspect name="MyAspect"/>
</aspects>
</aspectj>

and normally the loadtime weaver will expect to find it in the
META-INF folder (so META-INF/aop.xml).

By specifying that config option you can change where it is:

java  -ea -Xbootclasspath/p:../out/classes/production/boot  -Xmx192m
-XX:MaxPermSize=150m -Xmx512m
-Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration=someSpecialDirectory/aop.xml
-javaagent:C:\aspectj1.6\lib\aspectjweaver.jar

I agree it might be nicer if you could squish a simple aop.xml into a
single command line option and remove the need for the config file.

cheers,
Andy