[aspectj-users] (Ask) How to enhance portal governance using AoP

Typical portal governance, for example in Sharepoint, spans across the following areas:

  Information Architecture
  Navigation and Taxonomy
  Enterprise Search
  Project and Operational Management
  Development and Configuration
  Infrastructure
  Testing & Provisioning
  Operational Concerns

Elsewhere I have understood that AoP and trustworthy computing are related. In my current project, governance is treated as a step-child ("Cindrella") and the organic enhancement of the portal has been somewhat one-dimensional.

From a software engineering perspective, I'd like to learn how I can weave aspect-orientation during the requirements gathering phase so that I can reframe the focus of the next version of the portal towards enhanced governance?

I hope my question is making sense. If not, just howler.

Thanks,

Umar

Back to the top