Re: [aspectj-users] Weaving into Java System Libs

Hi,
  You can try MAJOR tool which allows you to do exactly that.

http://www.inf.unisi.ch/projects/ferrari/MAJOR.html

Alex

On Jul 22, 2009, at 5:19 PM, Nikolas Nehmer wrote:

Hi there,

I'm new to AOP and AspectJ in particular. Today I started exploring some
simple HelloWorld style example aspects. As far as I can tell,
everything seems to work smoothly. But currently I have one issue. Is
there any chance of weaving bytecode into the java systems libraries
(e.g. java.lang.System,…) by “exploiting” AspectJ? I’m trying to
circumvent writing my own bytecode instrumentation component. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Nick