[aspectj-users] AOP breaks modularity question

Hi all,
I don't want to start a flame and my question is not really the one in the
subject. I often heard than there's a group of people saying that AOP breaks
modularity, and another (which I agree with) that says that it improves
modularity. One reason used from the latter is that the OOP programmers
usually breaks modularity to reach their aims. This is the sentence I'd like
to investigate, because I'm not sure I get it well. I think that, since
modules must combined together to build up a complete system, such modules
must provide ways to interact each other, thus breaking their modularity or
better their "isolation". Is this what that sentence means? Any pointer to
documentation, examples, or papers?

Thanks,
Luca

Back to the top