[aspectj-users] LTW and perthis/pertarget question...

Hi -

I have a question regarding the use of perthis and/or pertarget with the LTW and I was hoping someone might be able to help. I have an Aspect declared with perthis(<pointcut>). When I weave the aspect during compile time and run my program, the advice in this aspect is executed properly. When I compile my aspects and classes using javac and then use the LTW to weave my aspects at runtime, the advice in the aspect declared with perthis no longer executes properly. The LTW emits info messages stating that the advice was actually woven into the classes as expected, but the advice never executes. If I remove the perthis declaration and weave at runtime with the LTW, the advice will execute. Is this a bug?

There is one difference in the output from the LTW, the 'weaveinfo'
statements for the advice that does not execute have the words [with runtime test] at the end of the line when using perthis, and do not have that statement when perthis is excluded.

Any help or advice that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. The weaveinfo output I am receiving for the two scenarios is appended to the end of the message.

Thanks,
Paul

No per*(pointcut) declaration in LoginAspect

2007-01-05 07:40:21,031 INFO [STDOUT] [UnifiedClassLoader3@2c5b47] weaveinfo Join point 'method-execution(boolean com.kronos.wfc.platform.security.business.authentication.login.KronosLoginModule.login())' in Type 'com.kronos.wfc.platform.security.business.authentication.login.KronosLoginModule' (KronosLoginModule.java:262) advised by afterReturning advice from 'com.kronos.wfc.platform.aspects.tracing.session.LoginAspect' (LoginAspect.java)

2007-01-05 07:40:21,031 INFO [STDOUT] [UnifiedClassLoader3@2c5b47] weaveinfo Join point 'method-execution(boolean com.kronos.wfc.platform.security.business.authentication.login.KronosLoginModule.login())' in Type 'com.kronos.wfc.platform.security.business.authentication.login.KronosLoginModule' (KronosLoginModule.java:262) advised by afterThrowing advice from 'com.kronos.wfc.platform.aspects.tracing.session.LoginAspect' (LoginAspect.java)

perthis(pointcut) declaration in LoginAspect

2007-01-05 07:59:19,937 INFO [STDOUT] [UnifiedClassLoader3@96c949] weaveinfo Join point 'method-execution(boolean com.kronos.wfc.platform.security.business.authentication.login.KronosLoginModule.login())' in Type 'com.kronos.wfc.platform.security.business.authentication.login.KronosLoginModule' (KronosLoginModule.java:262) advised by afterReturning advice from 'com.kronos.wfc.platform.aspects.tracing.session.LoginAspect' (LoginAspect.java) [with runtime test]

2007-01-05 07:59:19,953 INFO [STDOUT] [UnifiedClassLoader3@96c949] weaveinfo Join point 'method-execution(boolean com.kronos.wfc.platform.security.business.authentication.login.KronosLoginModule.login())' in Type 'com.kronos.wfc.platform.security.business.authentication.login.KronosLoginModule' (KronosLoginModule.java:262) advised by afterThrowing advice from 'com.kronos.wfc.platform.aspects.tracing.session.LoginAspect' (LoginAspect.java) [with runtime test]

Back to the top