[aspectj-users] Class file too big after aspect weaving

Hi,

I have a pointcut that captures all calls in my application and in the advice, those method names and parameter names are logged to a file.

When the above aspect is weaved into my application, the class file sizes have increased 10 times in some cases. I am not sure how such a bloated ear files affects the application server. I am afraid that I might get OutOfMemoryError and haven't tried it on our server yet.

I am not worried about the performance issues. It is ok if the application runs slow as long as I don't get OutOfMemoryError. Just wondering if anyone on this list has tried anything like this and if so, I would like to know their experiences.

Larry.

Experience Live Search from your PC or mobile device today. http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca

Back to the top