[aspectj-users] Re: [NEWSDELIVER] Re: Load Time Weaving AspectJ 5

Mouna,

If you want your aspects to only affect certain classes or certain methods within those classes then you should be writing pointcuts. The aop.xml specification is not designed to meet the needs of AOP. However in your situation if you don't want to use a particular aspect use an "exclude" clause in the "aspects" section; this will apply to all classes. If you don't want to weave a particular set of classes use an "exclude" clause in the "weaver" section; this will apply to all aspects. If you want to pick and choose combinations of aspects and class or selection certain methods then use a pointcut.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx

http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/