Re: [aspectj-users] How to remove aspectjrt.jar runtime dependecy while using AspectJ

Depending on the features you are using in the aspect, you may or may not have a hard dependency on aspectjrt.jar - are you using thisJoinPoint/thisJoinPointStaticPart? or cflow? those are the kind of things that cause you a dependency on aspectjrt.jar.

Why is it that you cannot have a dependency on aspectjrt.jar - is it that it is too big?  It is true aspectjrt.jar has grown a lot in AspectJ1.5.0 and it is likely you only need a small subset (unless you are using the new AspectJ reflection support or using the @AJ syntax development).  We have been having thoughts about shipping multiple variants, a small core one for environments like J2ME that don't need the extras and the big one for those wanting to utilise all the capabilities.

Andy.