[aspectj-users] Editor Doesn't Like Intertype Declarations

Hello All,

Under Eclipse 3.1, latest dev AJDT: when implementing a mixin using intertype declarations, it seems that the eclipse editor complains about the introduced type but the compiler does not.  My aspect looks something like this (taken from the AspectJ Programming Guide):

  aspect A {
    private interface HasName {}
    declare parents: (MyClass) implements HasName;

    private String HasName.name;
    public  String HasName.getName()  { return name; }
  }

When I add a getName() call to MyClass, an error shows up in the editor (to the effect that getName() is not declared).  However, there is nothing in the problems view (and the compiled code runs fine).  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tobias

Back to the top