Re: [aspectj-users] trying to monitor the Swing libraries

This aspect will only work for Swing components that your application
creates. It needs to be applied to those classes that create components
i.e. those that call "new JButton()". Which classes are you weaving with
the aspect?

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Ze maria <zemariamm@xxxxxxxxx>@eclipse.org on 01/06/2005 15:35:09

Please respond to Ze maria <zemariamm@xxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to
       aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc:
Subject:    [aspectj-users] trying to monitor the Swing libraries

Hi,
I'm have a big problem: I'm trying to code a program to add a listener
in every JComponent in every swing program, I've add the code to do
that in JFrame, but for each JComponent, i'm trying to do something
like this:

poincut catch(JComponent c) : (call (* JComponent+.new(..) ||
execute(* JComponent+.new(..))

after(JComponent c) : catch(c) {
System.out.println("Here i will put the add listener code)
}

well , this doesn't work ... I think when classes do some like:

JButton(){
super();
}
the JComponent's constructor is never caught by code ...

Can anyone help me please ?