Re: [aspectj-users] aspectjrt.jar versions

> Therefore I wonder: can you run programs compiled with ajc compiler 1.1
> with aspectjrt.jar of version 1.5 (and perhaps vice versa)?

No. (though in some point cases this may work)

 In general you should always use the aspectjrt.jar included in the distribution of the compiler that you used to build the application. The statement in the log concerns the ability to use the -target compiler flag to target earlier vms. We do however work hard to try and maintain upwards compatibility of the runtime library and of compiled aspects with more recent versions of the compiler.  See this (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aspectj-users/msg03367.html)  earlier post on aspectj-users that discusses the issue in more depth...

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Simon Heinzle <simon.heinzle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/04/2005 13:19

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

AspectJ <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] aspectjrt.jar versions

Hi All,

I was looking at the CVS tree and found in the CVS log for
org.aspectj/modules/runtime/src/org/aspectj/runtime/reflect/AdviceSignatureImpl.java
with following description:

"remove dependency on 1.2 API - runtime libs must work at 1.1 level"

Therefore I wonder: can you run programs compiled with ajc compiler 1.1
with aspectjrt.jar of version 1.5 (and perhaps vice versa)?

Regards,
Simon