Re: [aspectj-users] Ant task: choosing which aspect to weave

Camila,

I assume your application is packaged as a JAR file or set of classes which
you specify on the -inpath/injars and your aspects as a JAR file which you
specify using -aspectpath. The woven application classes end up as class
files (with a destination optionally specified using -d) or a JAR file
using -outjar.

If you want to be selective about which aspects to weave with your
application you will need to put them in separate JAR files. Alternatively
a better practice is to build your aspect library using abstract aspects.
When you binary weave you select both the aspects to be woven and their
scope by compiling the necessary concrete aspects at the same time. The
concrete aspects are then packaged with the application.

      <target name="weave">
            <iajc srcdir="${basedir}/src"
                  includes="**/MyConcreteAspect.aj"
                  aspectpath="${basedir}aspects.jar"
                  injars="${basedir}/application.jar"
                  classpath="${aspectjrt}"
                  outjar="${basedir}/woven-application.jar"
                  verbose="true"
            />
      </target>

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Camila Rocha <camilar@xxxxxxxxx>@eclipse.org on 23/09/2004 15:06:41

Please respond to aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx