[aspectj-users] Using AspectJ to generate documentation

Hello,
	I'm trying to use AspectJ, at compile-time, as a starting point for
generating some documentation.  I can't decide whether I've just got the
syntax wrong, or what I'm trying to do is impossible using AspectJ.  My
aspect is:

public aspect StatsSystemAspect {
  public pointcut ssMethodCall(String str):
    call (public void StatsSystem.addStat(String, ..))
    && args(str, ..);

  declare warning : ssMethodCall(String str) : str;
}

I was hoping that would print, at compile time, all of the Strings that
people are passing as a first argument to the StatsSystem.addStat()
method (I happen to know these will all be literal).

Sorry if my syntax is just hopelessly wrong - I've only been using
AspectJ for a few days!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
	Bill.
--
Dr. William Bland                          www.abstractnonsense.com
Now listening to Nothing (Media player is not running)

Back to the top