[aspectj-users] Use of wildcards in pointcut designators....

Hi everybody,

I am new to AOSD... and there are few questions...

I am trying some simple examples... and need some
clarification on the use of wildcard in the following
context:

I have a java program with 3 functions:
    1) public int f1(int i);

    2) private void f2();

    3) protected int f3(int);

If I declare a pointcut:

    pointcut outputLog() : call(pr* * f*(..));

for all the private and protected functions...

both ajc 1.1.1 and 1.0.6 gives  compiler error:

 expected "(", found f
 pointcut outputLog() : call(pr* * f*(..));

I am not clear: what's wrong with the pointcut format.
Can't we use wildcards for access type?... Can anyone
explain this to me ....

Please also let me know where I can find details of
how AspectJ is implemented.... (like how proceed() is
implemeted and why the particular implementation is
preffered to other alternatives)...

One last question.... does AspectJ has a recent
version of Compile time weaver after Aspectj1.0.6.

Thanks,
Swati