Re: [aspectj-users] Re: Exception handling framework

> > Historically the issue with this approach has been losing
> > the traceability of compile-time type checking.
>
> For reusable and widely crosscutting aspects (such as transaction
> management example in my email), since the advice is unaware of
> business exceptions, there is no other way but to wrap
> the checked exception in a runtime exception.

How does "declare soft" fit into this whole discussion? In my opinion
Java's current exception enforcement is bad because it forces you to break
properties of layered software: sometimes you want an exception generated
at the bottom layer to only be known by the top-most layer, without any of
the layers inbetween having to know about it.

Thanks,
Macneil

Back to the top